The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) coordinates and provides institutional research that helps inform the planning, decision-making, budgeting, assessment and accreditation processes that enable Hood College to fulfill its mission and strategic priorities.
OIRA conducts and centrally coordinates research and assessment initiatives for the College academic and administrative units.
- Act as a central clearinghouse to collect, analyze and organize data for accessibility and to respond to internal and external information requests.
- Coordinate and facilitate all assessment activities designed to assess institutional effectiveness and student learning.
- Provide information, support and training to academic units to facilitate academic assessment.
- Develop and implement research and assessment initiatives to improve efficiency and transparency that provide useful and relevant information.
- Conduct surveys and data analysis for use by departments within the College.
- Perform the college data administration function, producing and/or coordinating all official reports for both external (IPEDS, MICUA, MHEC, etc.) and internal accountability mandates.
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment ensures the confidentiality of information as well as the anonymity of individuals when releasing information and reports.